Sunday, April 17, 2011

Definitions of Chelsie:part deux

This was an outstanding gift shop..dare I say better than the Met's.

I love tile..I want to do my pool in these blues.
From the top of 30 Rock
I thought I could see Stuart Little out on this pond in Central Park.
Inception?! Ready for it to fold up.
Oh yeah..this was my #1 favorite place..Purl SoHo.



The Clarkes went to New York the week before us and Chelsie wrote up darling entries on their adventures there. Kerriann and I were so excited to read them and jot down all of the things we wanted to do now. That is why I titled this entry part deux, because it is practically everything that Chelsie did. Why mess with perfection?! Chelsie KNOWS New York. Two items we didn't get to do..frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity and going to a Yankee game. But we couldn't really do that without Harrison. Another trip. Oh, and we will go back!!

We got wonderful seats to "Wicked" and " How to Succeed in Business without really Trying." Super fantastic to see our Harry Potter on Broadway. As Kerriann said, "I grew up with him." He was great in the part.

It was so hot on our day in SoHo that we had to duck into Old Navy and get t-shitrs for Kerriann and Kevin. Oooooh, we go to New York and end up shopping at Old Navy!! Then the very next day it decides to pour rain and since we had already had our double decker bus tickets purchased, we sat on the top ( well all the seats downstairs were taken ) in cheap little rain ponchos they gave us. We were absolutely soaked!! But dang it, we SAW New York City.

The food is Amazing there. It is like pineapple that I will only eat in Hawaii - now I can only eat bagels and chocolate almond croissants in New York ( which is probably a good thing!!) Kerriann found us the Very Best Thai food I have ever inhaled. you see this was Kerrriann's trip. She wrote up the "to do" list and called all the shots. It was a lot more shopping than Kevin had invisioned!! But he was a trooper. the Forever 21 store was 5

3 comments:

Chelsie Starley said...

hahah this is GREAT! I'm so glad that you went (: NY is TOO fun. You liked How To Be Successful... !? You need to call me & tell me allll about it. Though I can't believe you didn't dip into serendipity!

Kelli Proctor said...

SO fun! I LOVE it! Someday we will make it there too...someday...Rog and I have both gone separately but together, that would be magical so next time we go it will be togetha! Anyway, wanted to let you know you can try frozen hot chocolate at smart cookie if you are dying to try it before you go back! LOVE that stuff! I actually have never gotten it there so I hope they still sell it...Glad it was such a great trip! Looked AMAZING!!!!!

Cherie said...

These photos are GREAT!! I just want to talk to you about EVERY one of them! WHAT an amazing photographer you've become... all those cool angles! wow! Love the tile, and that wall of wonderful yarn in that SoHo store, and the inception shot, and the Trooper's expression as he holds the Forever 21 bag, and Kerriann's calm pure JOY face! I hope got a pic of choc almond croissant! You've been doing a fantastic job of living out my dreams these days - Keep up the good work, Debberino!!
But your next is really gonna KILL me to not be w/ u- worse than all the rest combined...How can i endure not going? I'm dying just thinking about it! Take TONS of fotos :')