Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the old goat remembers





The Wortons went down to Disneyland and we were able to have Preston and Jane for four days, aka the grand sleepover. Darling children. And Denver and Harrison are the best uncles when it comes to entertaining and helping out. My only complaint is those dang car seats..such a pain and one that definitely makes me think twice about going somewhere. Don't worry..I am using them, and I did use them when my kids were little (ok, most of the time.) Why do I always have to throw in disclaimers?!

The car seat issue - as well as every other tiny daily item - came back to me. The brain just needs a jump start you know ! Day 1&2, Kevin and I were simply sleep deprived and exhausted. Oh yeah, that memory came back Real fast. Except this time when I woke up on the little bed we made up on the floor, and Preston is up in my spot in the bed because he had a monster scare in the middle of the night I am Stiff and creaky. Or on sunday-sleep-in-morning and Preston wakes wide up at 7:05 to greet the day after not the best night. I do remember this stuff but -wow- the "older" element is really making this so much harder.

By day #3, we are all sleeping better and hitting our rythmn. Jane is falling asleep in Poppy's arms watching the world series rather than in her crib..but it works for these old goats. Jane looks so much like Porter, but she is also a dead ringer for Devin at this age. This is a Good memory..and a fun one. My day slows down considerably..and it consists of play food, and my favorite little books being read over and over again and sharing fruit snacks. It is a nice , simple world. I remember that now.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Just reading this brings a lot of it back!!
Keep posting Girl - it's a treat to read!