Tuesday, May 15, 2012



    I love my birthday.  Always have.

    No lilac blooms this year...but the butterfly bush did her thing.

    It was 106*...I don't think that it has ever been that hot on my birthday before.

    The Gilbert Temple received it's Moroni Topper.  Now I will always know that trivia answer !

    These items weren't on my radar last May.  But it was the 14th day of this glorious month and it was
     business as usual.  My darling little family and good friends rallied round.   And that is what matters.
    The props may change - like the lilacs - but life rolls on in the same fashion.

    We went to a lovely wedding reception friday night. Didn't know the bride too well as she has been off    
    at college, but we know her parents well and have been in their house many times.  Last year at this time I didn't even know these people existed.

    Our ward has this really nice mothers day tradition where all the graduating  seniors give a little talk/tribute to their mums during sacrament meeting. It is an excellent tradition. All of the kids did great.  I realized that I knew them,and their mothers and their backgrounds...and as they talked I nodded my head in agreement.  Came close to tears on two of the tributes.  These people were not recognizable in my world last spring..and yet, here they are now..a vibrant part of my life.

   It is a huge blessing is what it is.  That this move has gone so smoothly ( barring the tragedy of Cindy and Mindy.)  That our life has been a series of meeting great people, new experiences and growth. The scenery changes but everything remains the same.  I like that.  I like that as much as I like birthdays : )

No comments: