Tuesday, November 27, 2012


   Professional runners like Sue have their perfected running playlists.  Then there are those whose running  is so pure that they only need the slap of their footprint to keep them going.  Beautiful.

  But me ?  Each time I run I have to find my rhythm  for that day.  Some day it just clicks immediately. Mostly I have to go through many songs to get in my groove.  Ahhhh, but when I do find it..I am in heaven.

 It doesn't come as any surprise that my whole life runs on this practice. Except that the "days it clicks immediately" are Very rare.

 My sweet Dallin asked me to write down my conversion story. That he had  heard bits and pieces all his life , but never really the whole experience. Well - I thought , I have born my testimony enough times to easily crank this out on paper. And heaven knows I retell stories often enough..ha ( had to say that before you thought it !) Should be simple.

  I put on my music - because I always need a playlist going in my head. I put pen to paper and it started to flow. But I couldn't stop it, and I couldn't stop the tears. And it still kept coming, and the music selections were excellent. I told Dallin that it wasn't a pretty story because it had to include everything..but it was nirvana to me. It was cathartic to me.  Thank-you for asking Dallin, you always keep me on the right playlist :)


4 comments:

Grandpa said...

HEY DEB,
ANY CHANCE YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR CONVERSION STORY? I WOULD LOVE TO READ IT. BOB

Chelsie Starley said...

doooo share bobby.

p.s. did you lose your phone again?

Sue said...

yes, do share!

{ps. somehow the all-caps are just perfect for Bob}

Deb said...



it was handwritten..and I didn't make a copy.

so old school, eh ?