Thursday, December 18, 2008





Favorite Things of 2008 purists be warned..the movie and music from"across the universe"..I think it is better than the original Brits.. Kundalini yoga beats a therapist any day ..the green planet channel and BBC in America ..creamy amaretto at subzero ..being able to send Denver to Waterford..Not drowning in Tibble Fork Reservoir ( keep watching you back Kendra-villainous laughter )..the "John Adams" miniseries-Thomas Jefferson was perfect.. Finally getting to Mackinaw Island and not being disappointed at all, thanks Kevin!..Ruth's Diner up the canyon ( no, wait that is a re-find )Being amazed at the beauty and spirit that exhist at Harpers Ferry..How hard it is to be released from Young Womens..


Harrison is sleeping like the cat,under the Christmas Tree.



Daughter of Haggrad straightens her hair..one of her many "doos"

The snow just keeps falling and falling and falling.



Lingering Favorites Lake Tahoe..Sundance..perfect summer nights in Utah...a snowy christmas in Alpine..Anthony Bourdain..driving my mini..the boys baseball games..being with Preston..sleeping in (which can mean 8 o'clock )..bookstores..being with Kerriann at s camp... Rainstorms...Chelsi and Ashley screaming "Bobalin"-makes me feel loved...



Hank and Winston..my shadows.. this photo is for you Sue!!




Totally fun picture Kevin got for me this summer.




Books of 2008 ( ones I finished , because I am a snob and they have to be outstanding to finish ).."The Zoo Keepers Wife".."Farewell My Subaru".."The Secret Life of Bees" (reread ).. "The Road".."Living like Ed".."Harvest for Hope".." The Twentieth Wife".."On s Mountain"

4 comments:

lindsay said...

love the list. thanks for the book recommendations!

Amie said...

I love that picture of Kerriann. The one Kevin took at Tahoe is great too! And, I'm so proud that I read two of the books on Deb's list this year! I'm movin' up in the world!

Sue said...

Hank and Winston are ever so cute. Thanks for sharing... I love love love the Tahoe picture. I must get one someday! Sounds like a good year. I, too, read some of the same books as the queen bee!

Unknown said...

Liked reading your 2008 list of favorites, and your blog is great! Happy 2009 to you and your fam.