Wednesday, December 23, 2009

a very merry christmas to all...

Kevin gave me 12 of these plates tonight-the ultimate nostalgic touch.
I almost feel guilty saying that this has really been a wonderful year. It has been such a nostalgic time, and I have loved it. Turning 50 and being married for 25 has been awesome. Bring it,and lets do it again !! It is the people and places along the way that have made it so dang special. A big thank-you to those "good" people and yeah, you know who you are. Since it is christmas ( and I don't have a particular treat for the advent box..wait, Harrison will not consider this a" treat" !) I want to do a shout-out for my sweet family. DEVIN the ideal oldest child. How perfect it is that she married someone who is also the oldest of 6 children. We don't worry about these two , they have it more together than Kevin and I. Devin is the most incredible mom ( and I am not fishing for compliments here ) but where in the heck did she learn this stuff?! I am so exhausted that I can't even remember if I had that much energy when I was the mother of one ( i am guessing not.) She does it all,and is beautiful and patient. PORTER is our stalwart, hard-working son. We all look to him as"the example". A lovely red-headed addition to the family. He gets a ton of bonus points for putting up with us,especially on trips ( he comes from a very mild-mannered family.) PRESTON is just darling..and pictures speak louder than words ( see pictures following.) He always runs into our house bringing pure joy and energy!! Take a bow KELLY..she graduated from the BYU this past week. She gives new meaning to the phrase "wonder woman". I tell her to slow down, learn how to say "no"..but this motherly advice has never gone anywhere. Still the important thing here is that she is amazing. Funny without even knowing it. Sweet as the springtime she was born in. Kelly always brings FUN with her. BO is adorable. Again pictures would speak louder than words but I am not allowed to post the Real good ones ! Bo is the family clown..he always makes us laugh, even though some of his jokes are dumber than dumb. Bo is "over the moon" in love with Kelly and that is very sweet. He will do anything for anybody. He is very thoughtful and lovable. Bo likes to change his looks. He started the year like a skinhead (quite scary ) and ended the year resembling the abominable snowman ( a heavier version of Sawyer on "lost".) We love our bo-bo. DALLIN has had a challenging but good year. He wants to make the Right decisions for the Right reasons. He just takes longer than most in sorting it out..but thats ok. Saying good-bye to him as he entered the mission was The hardest thing I have ever done. There went my daily best-bud and it felt like a death in the family..in slow-motion. We are so proud of him because he tried so hard. His heart is in the right place. Dallin is a beautiful person and like Bob Dylan, He is going to go places !! This may sound bad, but I am happy to have him home with me again. KERRIANN has talent. Kerriann is strong-willed. Kerriann is Independent. kerriann has courage up the wazu. Kerriann is 16 and don't mess with her !! She "gets" me-and I like that. I can't imagine what my life would be like without her. I love her chinese eyes and her infectious laugh. We need to find her a "Seth Cohen" ..and we Will !! She has such a good soul..but honestly, don't cross her. DENVER mein liebchen. This boy knocks my socks off. A rare mix of kindness, uber-intelligence, diligence and goodness. Denver couldn't possibly be mean to anyone. He has surpassed Kevin in being the "golden boy". Bonus points for having the driest sense of humor of the gang. You just want to eat this boy up !! HARRISON..Harr-bear. The cherubic youngest child.He will always be the darling. All he has to do is show-up..and BAM,he is the cutest one around. I love that he still cuddles up to me and makes me feel like a mommy. I had him when I was 40 ,that certainly wasn't in the game-plan 25 years ago but probably the best decision we ever made. Poor guy got older-than-dirt parents, but no one could love him more than we do ! KEVIN is in all of the above. We give him a hard time about being so OCD, but honestly we wouldn't change a thing.The life he has given to all of us is incredible. Danke big guy.. you are the Best!! Thank-you everyone...2009 was Great.

4 comments:

lindsay said...

oh, how i love all of you!
Merry Christmas :)

Sue said...

Ditto! Here's to a fabulous 2010:)

olivia said...

Love your style. Love your fam.

Jean McCarron said...

What a lovely love letter to your family!