Saturday, May 22, 2010

Finding your true sport..priceless.

I feel my children cringing as I write these words. Because I have seen them audibly groan when I reach in my make believe quiver and pluck an arrow. Legolas and the fairy gal ( forgot her elfish name ) made archery look so sexy ( oh, Devin hates when I use that word in a blog.) Rather, it was exquisite when the elves let their arrows soar through the air. The elves were my very favorite part of "Lord of the Rings." Their world was so pretty and I loved how they lived in trees. The rest of the movie was filled with such darkness and evil-yes, the elves life was to be envied. And then "Avitar" comes along-taking the tree dwelling to an even higher plane and the arrow whooshing was majestic. Plugging your hair braid into an animals psych and becoming one was ..well, pure genius-but that branch of thought should wait for another day. Enter "Robin Hood" and Russel Crowe looking dashingly heroic with his bow and arrow. Ok, yes, I realize now that this is also my natural ( if somewhat hidden ) talent !! I am one with these archers. I too could live in a tree or on the outskirts of Sherwood Forrest. Don't laugh when you see me next wearing my quiver..I am going to make this work.

No comments: