Friday, July 23, 2010

computer/old person malfunction..

what the hay..my computer wouldn't let me finish my writing. Is it telling me that I write too much?! Ha- I will show it and just continue on in another entry! What? It works for me. So , look at the pictures and then read this . The photo of Denver was snapped as he went out the door for a week long boy scout hike/camp thing. When he walked out with all that gear on top of that hot,hot sweatshirt I almost died. Well,no not died but I immediately started sweating for him. He had a great time but they did come home a day earlier than planned. The scout master said the "boys" were just exhausted. Hmmmm. I've been there buddy, I know who was the tired one! Yes, and that brings us to the next pictures. anyone who has been knows what embroidery floss, mega braids,canoes,and "twilight" paraphernalia means...GIRLS CAMP !!! We had simply the Very Best time EVER. So glad that I was asked to go up and help. Our camp director is the most creative person and it is always a Joy to work with her! It was a bittersweet time however as this was our last camp. Next year Kerriann and all her friends will be graduated and moving onto college. It was a very special treat to have Chelsie with us one more time. Honestly they were many moments when my eyes were welling up realizing this was the last time. Well not for them. They will have their own daughters and opportunites to go back to camp. Chelsie is just destined to be asst. camp director for the rest of her life ( we decided "asst." was better because you get to go but aren't really in charge , so you get to play more!) But it is different for me..I want to "end" my camp days on an up-note. Ack, I sound as morose as my mother. Moving on then, Preston turned 3 and we celebrated down by a shallow creek,perfect. Jane got blessed on the 4th of july. Porter was there but not for the picture so Bo stood in for him...way to be in every picture Bo. Our days have been full..but in a lovely way. More lemonade please.

No comments: