Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't get me wrong, I love christmas. But it is a BIT of a work-out. Some people get real sentimental, even depressed during this week between christmas and new years. Not me..I think this is the Best week of the year!! I love it so much that today I am rather giddy with anticipation of a new year. First, I love to clean up christmas and then the house ( Nancy Sue and I always race to pack up..odd?! I think not.) Then my organizational personality goes into hyper-drive ( Sybil does drawers.) It is a Fabulous time of year to move BTW. I am energized,but also reflective. It was a perfect time for me to get married. It is like mentally streaking threw a snowy meadow (because i would never do that physically...snow is far to cold..maybe the beach.)

Devin said that I should write down my top 10 favorite meals of the year..

1.Best breakfast Must go to Betty's Kitchen in New Hampshire - believe me it is worth the drive!
2.Best local/organic/tasty lunch goes to The Glenwood in Eugene, Oregon. Simply groovy.
3.Kevin is quite sure that the very best lasagna he has ever eaten was in Boston's North End.
4.Lovely surprise..Udon soup in SeaTac with the rain coming down..cozy and yummy.
5.Best Pizza - and this is a Big category in the Haycock log - Rubicon Pizza up in Northstar/Lake Tahoe. Red Thai Curry.. UNBELIEVABLE!!
6.Kerriann found "deep fried pickles" out in Bar Harbor, Maine. That is on Her list, not mine.
7.Coolest award is another toughie, but I am going to go with 22* (that's degree) North in Kauai . Sustainable..gourmet..divine.
8.Best Blow-out Celebration..Maggianos.
9.Dessert-to-die-for has to be the Klamath Cafe's rhubarb/raspberry pie.
10. Any and Everywhere in Maine..lobster rolls and blueberries.
11. Best Atmosphere..I am going to have to go with eating dinner ( probably fried everything) in Memphis with an Elvis impersonator singing - no belting- out songs for us. It brought me Such joy!!

That all being said..who can truly pass up a homemade meal done up by chefs like Devin or Richard, items grilled by Daddy or chopped salads of Dallin's. Ah, there really is no place like home.


1 comment:

Sue said...

:)

ps... dang. you beat me this year.