Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hook 'em Horns !!






They say Texas should be it's own country. Then Austin is it's own little world. I love it. But you knew that.

Kevin had business in Houston, so he proposed that I come along and we would week-end in Austin. What a guy ! Equal kudos go to Kerriann who remained at home and took care of things..especially when there is nothing that she would rather do than go to Austin as well.Wouldn't she make a darling little longhorn?!!

If Kevin said ," we need to move down to Austin"..I would be ready to go in 24 hours. Pulling the Wortons and Bowens along in our wake. We live as a tribe..you know.

But for now, I will take what I can get..and a 3 day week-end in Texas was divine.

You have to love a state that..
grows pecans and scrub oak ( you just can't get enough of em)
has rain boots shaped like cowboy boots
has the Greatest accent ever ( yeah, I can speak fluently in it in less than 10 minutes AND
keep it up a whole week-end..lucky Kevin)
they call their main cow trail through town,"Capital of Texas Highway"..just darling
the flagship store of Whole Foods is right there..but you knew that too.
they like to use the word "waterloo"..well, who doesn't?!

My only disappointment..never saw a dang armadillo. I need to go back.


No comments: