Sunday, May 15, 2011

DISCLAIMER


Geez...I am Not addicted to cough medicine. Kerriann did not find Any humor in me looking forward to taking this stuff. Hello sweetpea..I was giddy about getting some sleep/rest from all the hacking. She even showed me a news blip on kids becoming addicted to cough medicine. Some people Do take medicine for the right reason you know!! For the record, i am over my illness and Off the stuff.

Last Sunday it was my opportunity to "introduce" Kerriann into Relief Society. It was a pre-recorded message that all 9 of us mothers did for our graduating seniors. Most appropriately, the other moms ticked off their daughters accomplishments and talents. For a variety of reasons ,I did not get the detailed memo on what, and how to say this on the video. They also had written their spiel beforehand and then read it - the teary voices were a nice touch. Mine was off the cuff. I was the last speaker.

So, what I said - and this truly pertains to the cough medicine debate - that Kerriann and I pulled a "freaky friday". That she is the responsible one, the mature one, the grasshopper in the relationship. Was I always this way? Did I bring Devin and Kelly up this way? Was I Ever a disciplinarian with Kerriann? Or did she merely wear me down at an early age? It started as a joke, when I would say," Is school REALLY more important than ______ (fill in the blank: sleeping in, going out to lunch, seeing a movie etc.") I just wanted her to understand "balance in one's life." But she is just SO dang good. Always makes the best decisions, realizes where she is going and what she needs to do to get there. An amazing person!! She turned 18 this past week. I simply love her to death. Despite ingesting copious amounts of fortune cookies, we can not seem to reverse our "freaky friday" status. It is ok, she Is a better mom than me!

She made this darling sailboat and button sea picture for my birthday yesterday. Yes, she is talented and beautiful..that graduating senior of mine..sniff, sniff.

2 comments:

olivia said...

She's crafty, responsible, and DARLING! And she's graduating in spite of your rule-breaker influence :)! Congrats to you both on your bdays too!

Cherie said...

oops!! Both Oli & I happen to be signed in on this laptop of Josie's!! That last comment was mine :)