Thursday, August 18, 2011

months and months and months

I love the calendar. I love watching months tick by. I am crazy about calendars. Must be the amish in me ( ?!!!) I could never have "too many". Thanks to Olivia, I found Snow and Graham - which has absolutely Beautiful pages. I found this bird cage at World Market and clipped on all the months..I don't believe I will take it down when 2012 comes along.

My fascination with birthdays is really an off-shoot of my extraordinary fondness for the months of the year. They carry certain personality traits. And they are usually feminine or masculine...are you with me ?! For example, August is definitely masculine ( oh, a birthday shout-out to chris, who is turning 59 today..wowsers!) So is February despite that it is done up in red hearts - but a lovely, manly month nonetheless. No self-respecting man should claim April as his birthday month as it is Decidedly feminine. But then November comes along So gender-neutral. It is a definite Mix..and I assume everyone has their own feelings on this subject.

2 comments:

Chelsie Starley said...

to begin, I miss you. immmmmmensly. i dont think it is
healthy to miss someone this much. second, you are hilarious & the coolest person i've ever met, truly. lastly, this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! with all capitol letters. I LOVE IT. that is all, you need to come home & go to lunch with me because BOY do I have updates. love you
bobby.

or I guess I could just call you... or email you... but instead I think i'll hold it for ransom, and that payment being your return.

chels.

Cherie said...

I miss you too! Calendar's have always been a shared love, as well as great kids' books about months & seasons, eh? But WOW, this spectacular calendar is perfect for you! It's very very COOL! I don't think I've ever heard of what Oli told you about... Tell me more! But of course 'Paper Source' will have 2012 ones to clip to your cage! I may just have to get over my heat hang up and come visit you one of these months so i can see this one on your wall - en vivo!!