Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ah, February. It means I survived another January ( 50 down, 50 to go!) The darn groundhog can do what he wants, I am sprinting toward spring. It is the season my sweetie celebrates his birthday. And not just Any b-day..he was born 50 years ago ( during the winter olympics in the Squaw Valley.) His mother was on the USA Curling Team,and had him the night before the big game and was up and curling the very next day. All right, it is a bit of an exaggeration, and I have been accused of padding a story or two before. But I promise, in this entry I am only going to write the truth ( or how I remember it.) Fifty memories of Kevin..or things that the world should know about him. It is a month long project, one post is not allowed to be that long.
  1. I have known kevin 314 months.( this will get more exciting.)
  2. He has written more letters to me than any other person in the world ( %90 of those were during our dating years.)
  3. We wrote back and forth during his mission. I thought he looked like Christopher Reeves. The first letter was to wish him a happy pioneer day, even though they don't celebrate that in Ecuador.
  4. The first time I saw him was at Keith Bradshaw's homecoming. He was late and I saw him stop at the door of the church and look in. He was framed in the doorway and the sun was shining on him..like a spotlight. I thought he looked like Adonis.
  5. After church we talked about Sensual Sandwich ( a restaurant ) and he said the best one was the "stimulator". I found this provocative.
  6. Kevin got me a kitten to show me how smitten he was. We named her Louise. She lived 14 years and although we loved her dearly Kevin was fond of saying,"there is No such thing as a "free" kitty." hmmmm, many more animals were to follow.
  7. He gave a Whole new meaning to the phrase "football fanatic." Wow.
  8. Can a control freak and a free-spirit coexist?!!! Yes, I think they can.
  9. Kevin was flying up to Reno to interview with Bruce Wood at CalFed, and Bruce called me and said that he was meeting Kevin at the airport and realized he didn't know what he looked like. So I said he looked just like Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) Well he Did. Bruce and Kevin became dear friends and they are kind of big boys, so they always laughed about the" likeness."
  10. The Reno years were ideal ones. With our little girls, the Copes, the Woods and of course Sue and Greg. Great memories-they should be their own sub-set.
  11. When we left Reno we couldn't make up our mind about where to go. He had two job offers , in two different states, with two house offers pending. We packed up all our belongings in a u-haul with Louise ( the attack cat ) to guard it,spent the night at the local Circus Circus and decided that night where to go the next day. Life with Kevin.
  12. He loves Pro-andCon lists. I am sure that he has created thousands of them.It is quite endearing.

4 comments:

Sue said...

what a great list - keep it coming! Greg had so much fun with Kevin's 40th... can't imagine how excited he would be for this one!!

Amie said...

I so remember that 40th and how silly my Dad was about it. Loved the Kevin list.

Devin Ann said...

Great list... #5 makes me a little quesy but I'll get over it. The question is how many of those 314 months have I been a part of? Lucky you he has a winter Birthday and you get to celebrate in Hawaii at this time of year:)

olivia said...

I've missed this charm the whole month! Don't worry though, it's going to cheer up my last 2 days of february. LOVING THE STORIES.

Mmmm... Pros & Cons list...

(Is Sensuous Sandwich just a Provo thing? My parents must've slyly ignored the theme my whole childhood. I just loved the idea of comics under the tables when I was little.)