Sunday, September 18, 2011

adaptation

Kevin took the boys to utah this week-end for a BYU football game ( he got off the red-eye from Hawaii, had Kelly drop the boys at the airport and they all caught the next flight out to Salt Lake...to no one's surprise.) So it was just me, myself and I that went to our AZ ward this morning. I sat alone, I am a big girl..I can do that. But as the meeting started I soon realized that it was the Primary Program today. It was the first time since 1986 that I haven't had a child participate in one (although we have had our share of children - mostly Dalboy - who refused to say their lines from time to time..but there was always another sibling in the crowd to preform - mostly Kelly .) Being fresh off the open wound of leaving Kerriann in Hawaii this was Not a good place to be alone. So I did elaborate doodles and even wrote kerriann a note - because that is what I normally do in sacrament meeting. I stuck it out and went to my other meetings.

Kelly and Bo's ward meets in our same building, just a couple of hours later. So I stayed and went to their sacrament meeting because Kelly was preforming ( see above..most things never change.) I sat down with them and the whole row - in the middle bigger section even - was family. Melissa ( Bo's mum ) was there from utah tending two of her granddaughters , Bo's sister ,husband and two young boys, and then my favorite little Bowen branch - Kelly, Bo and Cooper. It made me So happy to take over a whole row again..just like old times !! Although the Bowens aren't as loud and rowdy as our clan. But it was lovely. Adaptations happen..but if you give it a bit something new always comes around.

No comments: