Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shouldn't saying good-bye to my children be common place by now ?! Ohhhh, This was a Tough one. We were having such a great week together there in Laie..and then the brutal truth of us having to go home reared its ugly head.

Kevin says the day before we leave, " you two are so close..this is probably going to be hard." Hmmmm, I guess I have only been thinking about it for the past couple of years!! This was no drop-your-daughter-off-several-miles-down-the-road-at-Provo kind of deal. This was MTC curbside worthy. Ouch. There is this big,old ocean between us now. I have a hard enough time when our vacation comes to a close..but to leave Kerriann behind was brutal.

But the week we had there with her only served to confirm that she is where she is suppose to be. What an awesome opportunity for her ! I love the smallness of the campus. Not too big, not too medium sized..just right. Waiting in lines - which was merely a fact of daily life both at Cal and BYU - are non-existent there. The dorms ( hale's) are a stones throw away ( even for my wimpy girl talents.) The parking lot for the dorms only has a spattering of cars. Most students get around on cruiser bikes. She liked her classes. Thinks her single room is ideal. Everything is just going so well.

I remember years ago when Amie was getting ready to attend college down in Cedar City and Sue was so concerned over how much life was going to change with her gone. Well, we all learned a lesson..not very much. Kerriann has seen Devin, Kelly and Dallin go on their walk-abouts and come back to the family. I think it is reassuring for her and me. Our family is a constant,going away to college doesn't change that..just adds a new flavor to the pot. wow..heavy.

1 comment: