Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a happy man

Look how darling Dalboy is here. And the toddler with the golden locks..yeah, thats Denver. So cute, so sweet. Kevin is looking pretty happy and content. I ran across this picture this morning after Kevin left for a business meeting in Annapolis. His surgery is a week from today. He has been keeping himself real busy so as not to have too much time to dwell on this cancer. Problem for me is that I am a pre-stressor...dentist appt.,new school starting, a surgery that is hopefully going to eradicate the evil cancer from your husbands body etc. I worry and worry, but come "showtime" I am generally calm and rational. Hmmm, next tuesday..an entire week of worry. It does Not help to be alone right now. It makes me realize how awful life would be without Kevin as I go over all the "what if's" in my mind. Not that anything should go wrong..but I have watched way too many episodes of "ER" and "Grey's" to Not imagine various scenarios. Especially if it is late at night and I am alone. Of course it Is going to be just fine. Yikes..who invited Cybil to this party ?!!!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

it WILL be fine! no doubt. this is Kevin we're talking about...

Richard said...

Kevin sure seemed great at the game the other night. I can only imagine it all working out well, but I know about the worrier thing. It's how we cope...

Mary said...

I know it isn't quite the same, but oh my gosh I felt so many of those same things with Anthony. The night before surgery I was shaking so bad and I couldn't sleep. I picked up my scriptures and happened to read 3 Nephi Chapter 17. It helped me feel like God knew me and I wasn't alone. I know you will find comfort the way you need it at the time you need it. We will be praying that all will go well. Sending lots of love your way!!