Monday, September 12, 2011

Sabbath day in Paradise

You know where I am then. Hawaii. Everything looks and smells and sounds so familiar now. It feels like home. And now with Kerriann living here..it truly is a part of our home.

I wake up super early our first morning on the island. I sit out on the deck to watch the day come on. As usual I can hear the hotel staff setting up the lounge chairs down around the pool before I can even see them. the surf sounds delicious. Kerriann joins me as the sky begins to lighten. She looks across the Turtle Bay complex. There is one woman also out on her deck..only one mind you..and Kerriann says - doesn't that woman look like Chere ? ( a dear neighbor/friend back in Alpine.) And - of course - it was. The world is such a teeny, tiny place !

Our setting Kerriann up at BYU Hawaii has been full of moments like that. I am so happy that she has chosen to go here. It seems like such a great fit. This morning we went to her new ward with her. There was Chere and several other Alpine mums sitting behind us, and then Dan Ord comes in and sits next to Kevin. How fun and familiar. We meet her new Bishop..Fatafehi Niutupuivaha. Awesome. The ward is a wonderful swirl of Polynesians,Asians and - Kevin counted- 5 white boys. Toto, I don't think we are in Utah anymore.

We ate lunch at a shrimp truck with Dan and his son Nick that is just starting here too. We adults are so jealous of the experience they are about to embark on !! How lucky they are. I want to stay and go to this college !

The good news is that I still have 5 more days here.

Aloha.

No comments: