Friday, September 30, 2011

Ramblings in Detroit

Cancer is no respecter of persons, and the people watching has been fascinating .
Was able to attend the Penile Rehab Class this morning. But I wasn't making any jokes there..because everyone else was . We have walked a fine line here between being frank and open, and listening to crass and uber obvious jokes. Some things are and should be private. How odd that I was the prud in the class group.

The perky coordinator that I mentioned before, she was very kind and efficient . But she Also made some weird comments...like, on the way to the post op she said," let's go see your honey bunny" ..several times. Ok, whatever. Kevin was covered up somewhat,but not on his chest and she squealed,"oh women would love him in Asia..they go crazy over hairy men like him.". Eh ?!!! Then he said something and she squeled again over his baritone voice.Then she told him that she had hand picked only the prettiest nurses to attend to him. I think that she was trying to be nice but it reminded me of the incident at Kelly and Bo's reception. A neighbor of the Bowens shook my hand in the receiving line and said," Oh, your daughter got the pick of the litter. When I drive by their house and Brian ( Bo ) is mowing the lawn with his shirt off I have to drive around the block again." Hello ? Melissa was yaking at the front of the line and it wasn't moving and I was stuck with this neighbor. Exactly what does one say After that ?!! And what does one say to a perky coordinator when she is going on about ..well..I don't know. It was just weird. She had a little rubber toy today that had an inflatable penis when it was squeezed. people were hugging her and telling her how much they loved her. Hmmmm, Fascinating people watching here.

Kevin is doing better today and resting. We are doing good.

1 comment:

Sue said...

just one word... WOW.
You're on the home stretch now - yay! Love you guys.